Friday, October 17, 2008

Scared to Smile...

I'm too scared to smile any more,
Someone's jealous of my joy.

A well said joke,
A bout of stinging sarcasm,
A subtle, secret exchange.

I must stand stoic.
I must stand stoic.

I have had some good times,
But that attracted prying eyes,
I'm too scared to smile any more,
Someone's jealous of my joy.

And though the good times are back,
I know the graph by now,
And not stupid enough to make believe,
That those eyes have stopped to follow me.

And though I wait for my phone to ring,
I wait for those late night calls,
I know the fairy will cease to sing,
And then I will fall.

But I must stand stoic.
I must stand stoic.

I'm too scared to smile any more,
Someone's jealous of my joy.

13 comments:

Abhinav said...

Really your poems are more fun to read than the other stuff , good work carry on

Sukku said...

Very well written but if it was me I wouldn't care or less on how others feel as happiness to me is self driven...

Sugar said...

@abhi,
Thanks for your candid opinion...i really appreciate it...poetry is my first love...

@sukku,
thanks for dropping by...no no..i did not mean that so literally, just i meant to say that joy for me is shortlived...thats it...anyway thanks for t input..

cheers!!!

Sukku said...

lol!!! sorry for my short sightedness.

Baidik said...

Hey sorry for the irrelv post - just like u mentioned!

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2008/10/18/stories/2008101852011000.htm

:p

Sugar said...

hmmm....MRTP Commission Enquiry huh??? sorta lost faith in the whole system....

Proseaholics said...

stoic rhymes with alcoholic.

nice!

Sugar said...

@joe..

heheh!!thanks...

Bailey said...

'A time to dance, a time to mourn..a time to kill, a time to heal..a time to hug..a time to break-up..' It's short-lived for everyone :-))

sansmerci said...

man! m jealous of ur poetry ... i used to write so often now i don rem wen i posted a poem last .. now u shud write one on why u shud stop writing cos ppl are jealous of ur writing :)

jokes apart, awesome work .. proud of u ... hope to write like u soon

Sugar said...

@bailey..
ya u r sooo right...a friend once told me that courage lies in enjoying the moment knowing fully well it will be over soon:)

@merc..
ya right!!and i'll buy that!anyway...feels lovely to be appreciated...

Cheers!

Proseaholics said...

@bailey: quoting lines from the song "turn turn" without giving credit to the singers (The Byrds) is plagiarism of the worst kind.

just saying y'know? :)

Anonymous said...

felt a tickle in ma stomach lady!!!
ur pen must be thanking u...as its been held by U