Monday, January 19, 2009

Silly thoughts...

I crept out of bed,
Dead in the middle of the night
Just one thought in my head,
Just one vision holding my sight.

There was this cupboard at home,
A 'meat safe' it was called,
And my oh my it had borne,
The best food that I can think of.

So this night it was a chocolate wafer,
That came to me in my dream,
And that was a juicy offer,
More true than it could seem.

I tip toe in the sleeping house,
Under the night bulb fighting dark,
I can work quite as a mouse,
And will be done in a spark.

In the dark the meat safe stands,
Throwing an admirable silhoutte,
Like a beach with golden sands,
And on my mission I'm all set.

I'm in the midst of a killer life,
And thats why I steal by night,
I'm on a pathetic diet,
And on my way to becoming light.

So I open the safe with trembling hands,
To be transported to cookie land,
I bend and reach out to the jar,
But oh my! I'm terribly far!

It seems like I have a battle,
Before I reach my pot of treasure,
So I prepare for war- horse and saddle,
Ready to take on adventure.

Wonder who my enemy was?
A reptile particularly unlucky with beauty,
In complete violation of nature's laws,
Sat there guarding my booty.

Ugly eyes blink at me,
No fear, valiant warrior,
Enough courage to make me freeze,
That unsightly large lizard!

Well now thats his home,
And he does not move,
My legal skills I'm soon to hone,
And that battle I will not lose.

I sit preparing for an eviction proceeding,
The first of such in history,
My resolve ever increasing,
Against the lizard- to rise in victory.

1 comment: