Friday, January 16, 2009

Still New?

Right! So the new year came, and is still fairly new to warrant the term. Neither did I die nor go into deep slumber in the last few months that I have not been actively blogging. Its also not the lack of inspiring subjects to write on nor the absence of those who inspire me to write.

That clarified, my fortune on Orkut reads some what as such : "Its better to fight and lose rather than not fight at all. " Theoretically, I'm a subscriber to the view and a proud one at that. But all this optimism is too blinding at times.

When my morale took a plunge for the infinity plus infinity th time last week, I came up with a piece of rhyme, I revelled in. But on hind sight, I thought it was too cynical a post to begin the year with, and hence it was trashed.

I was at a temple yesterday, where Andal Kalyanam was performed. Offerings had overflowed, and the sweets that caught my attention were a part of that excess. My reflex thought was about how I could I needed to use no stealth in polishing off that unattended temptation. And I wanted to write.

The other day, I was executing for the umpteenth time of my life a weight loss plan. I happened to notice enthusiastic joggers on the newly built flyover on G.N.Chetty Road. Amused, I decided to blog. That never happened.

I don't know if its coincidental that what I plan never happens and what happen's is usually what I've never planned. But its rather disturbing. So this year, I'm deciding to be open, not expect my plans to work, and still enjoy what eventually works. The decision is like my orkut fortune. And lets see how far I get!

4 comments:

Abhinav said...

Happy New Year , just a request when you post items align them in a line it looks neater.

Sukku said...

Happy New Year and it sounds like a good resolution...

sansmerci said...

welcome bak editaaaaaaaaaa i missed u so mucch :) plz plz plz keep writing more!

Sugar said...

@ Abhinav
Done sir!

@ sukku
thanks!

@merc
u r still known as you were :) thanks for those words...