Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bow!Bow!Buffalo!!!

There's never a dearth for things to write on. And although it might seem like I have no other business except to write rather seamlessly, I must clarify that there is indeed a plethora of engagements I have. But its just this irressistible urge to tell you how outraged I am, that I decided to put this before anything else.

I am not a politically intelligent creature. I do not understand the difference between being leftist or liberal. I do not care if the government is being run by one joker or another. But I am an educated, responsible citizen of this country. More over I am a human being whose, all 5 senses funtion to near perfection.Which is precisely why I am affected if Bombay's local trains explode, or the religious seperatists are having a free for all party in Gujrat or Orissa, or if the Tsunami struck Nagapattinam, or if Bihar is sinking in the floods, or if another army man laid his life down for a country of a billion people who might not even know of how painful his death was to a family member. I might sound emotional or touchy or sentimental. But hell I will!!! because thats the only thing that differentiates man from machine. I will shed a tear, because no computer can fight the war, no technology could control the tsunami, nothing could avert the serial bomb blasts. After all its a soldier fighting at the war front, and he's made of flesh and bone!


As I watched the television yesterday, I could not help but scoff at the head lines. The Tata Nano project threatened in Bengal, nearly half of Bihar seemed to be sinking, the Hindus and Christians in communal violence in Orissa, the cease fire violation yet again at the Wagah border, terrorist infiltration in the country and amidst all this chaos was a celebration. Really, I would have been a part of the party if it was for any purpose slightly more constructive than what I was witness to.


Personally, I have nothing against Mr.Chiranjeevi, and have nothing to do with his value system or his profession. But since his 'Prajarajya' is incidentally claimed to be associated with the common man, and I am nothing but common, in every sense of the word, I happen to be enraged. First the crowd had gathered there as if they were celebrating the independence of India from inequity and inequality; from dischord and disharmony. I cringe when I imagine the scale of expenses on security arrangements for the launch of his party in Tirupati. I can picturise the pandemonium amongst the devotees in the religious power house that Tirupati is. This security should have been posted at the Mumbai local rail stations, it should have been conducting rescue operations in Bihar, it should have saved the burning woman. Oh my dear Lord!!!It should have been anywhere else but here.


The news yesterday reminded me of the nursery rhyme:

London Bridge is falling down!!falling down, falling down!!
London Bridge is falling down,
My fair lady!!!

But who cared if it was falling down or sideward or rising? All that the political leaders, at least a large majority of them ( a title conferred upon them by some of our own tribe who seem to have forgetten to bring their brain out of the mother's womb and simply bow like buffaloes, not to mean any offense to the unobtrusive bovine) care about is their growing bellies of wealth and muscles of power, none of which goes into social welfare. I don't intend to be a pessimist, but to believe that our politicians are honest or humble is like choosing to be blind. So who cared if a woman went up on flames or that half a hundred people had drowned in the flood? Who cared if a sincere soldier died at war ? (as if the 18 gun salute is all he deserves) Who cared if this country or humanity was simply going to the dogs?(i think they'd do a better job of governance than the human race, with a few exceptions.) Was that necessary- Prajarajya? And I must add that the count down was definitely more euphoric than the launch of the Apollo 11!


I think more political parties in this country should be banned. I think that if the eligibility into an MBA course involves so much hard work, the criteria to judge who leads this country must be at the very least as stringent, if not more. What I saw yesterday was not just an eye-sore, it was like gangareen, and is spreading fast. And what is pathetic is that so much support is bolstered for a government who certainly more capable of sparking a communal riot than reduce inflation. Mr. Chiranjeevi, I do not intend to write you off, but what you did yesterday was no different than a movie clip. It does not reassure the men at battle that we know how precious their lives are. A fight scene may earn you billions Sir, but please don't forget its not stunt men who are standing at our border line!

5 comments:

sansmerci said...

i dono ABC of politics .. but m a humanist.. y cant humanism rule? oh does it make it politics then?

Sugar said...

sansmerci...

Thats because humanism is no longer wholly good. Humanism includes the traits of greed, jealousy and selfishness which take over the positive traits. Humans have ceased to be just purely good or honest. Thats why we need a government which is also made of humans and therefore sadly the whole thing is a mess!!!

sansmerci said...

heyi jus read ur poston bella ciao.. good one .. do u write on burrp?

Baidik said...

Hey.. nice read.. on a similar note.. conflicts in the middle east and RoW have been bothering me even since I learnt to follow news/events..

W.r.t the garish spend.. I get the drift... But think resources need to be evaluated in an exclusive and distinct manner. Resources deployed in Bihar/Nepal shud'nt have a bearing on resources to be deployed in Kashmir.. coz once you start doing that - you are restricting the capacity building quotient of a country. Lets look at the easter bloc for a moment, one goon in kremlin decides where/what/when/why resorces are needed. As a result they almost wiped out the self sustainibility capability of the entire nation. This is an off beat example.. but hope u get the drift..
In short, for self or state - self sustainibility is the key. Else we all be Mamata's - crying hoarse for all n sundry.

Sugar said...

@gairik...

yup i agree with you wrt deployment of resources. But the issue arises when resources are deployed when there is no need to & there is still a national calamity.