Sunday, September 14, 2008

Net Profit from Advertisement..Finally!!!

Its been one of those week ends that I was waiting for. And when it came, it brought with it a spectrum of emotions and also gave me the time to revel in each one of them that actually makes me feel that this week end particularly lasted for 8 days. But that, in no way deters my week end from being any more desirable that it was before it actually began. Well, I'm not exactly trying to prove the Pythagoras Theorem here, but there is still a point I'm trying to make which will probably be made by the time we get to the last word of what I'm writing.

First of all I'd like to tell you, vodafone does not as promised, follow you everywhere you go. Because it does not even follow me from my home to the conference room at my work place, (which is in the heart of the capital city of Tamil Nadu, leave alone the home of some monkey in a Godforsaken tropical rainforest in Zaire) where if in my blasted luck I should get a phone call on my cell phone, that I choose to answer, I have two options:
1. yell into the phone, which will in fact defeat the purpose of Graham Bell's invention, and will instead make me audible to the person who has called without the aid of the modern day invention.
2. make me the author of Meghadhootam (part 2) that will necessitate sending a message through the blowing winds and the passing clouds to the person trying to reach me frantically to ask if i want an add on credit card from citibank.

Secondly, Dove range of hair care products, which I purchased with a greater amount of expectation than I'd probably have from my prospective partner, does not result in my hair feeling so beautiful, that I want to keep touching it. The question remains as to whether my hair is a challenge to Dove or Dove is a challenge to my hair or whether both are so unfit that my hair could serve as an alternative to scotch brite.(I need to yet find an alternative use to Dove shampoo. That makes my hair feel more useful than the Rs150+Rs150 - shampoo+ conditioner of darling dearest Dove. Or whether that is just a lack of my creativity, I cannot tell.)

Thirdly let me tell you Bournvita never gave me the 'tan or man ki shakti' or Boost was never ever the 'secret of my energy' , that kept me awake during the exams. Usually, it was the fear, that a 'best friend' would get more marks than me, that kept me awake. As I grew older it was the caffiene content in coffee or tea that kept me awake to complete the most boring 'types of winding up of companies' that constituted my Corporate law syllabus.

I'm not trying to prove that advertisements are a farce and should be banned as contributing to misleading majority population or something as fanciful, that would make the conservative school elect me as their next leader. The only thing I'm trying to tell you is that how often I've been so let down by these advertisements, like the ulta perk, i purchased with so much expectation and then cursed myself for breaching my diet for something as bad tasting as that. The list can go on.

But come on!!!I did not take the effort of writing this for this stupid purpose. The reason i'm writing is that just yesterday, I actually was benefitted from, I forget the name of that guy, you know, the one who dances around on the Dominos advertisement - Thirty minutes, nahi tho freeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I don't live on a staple diet of pizzas. But hunger, and laziness to cook up a meal, and we resorted to the phone number of Dominos pizza. We placed our order at 9.12p.m. simple - 2 medium margharita pizzas with olives on top. I'm not sure if the guys actually went to Italy to get the olives or to switzerland to get the cheese or whereever else to get the flour for the base, because when the Pizza came at 10.18p.m. we were more than ready to exercise our fundamental right. Believe me, I have greater difficulty in remembering that the freedom of movement is a fundamental right as per Article 18 (thats the wrong Article? 15? 14?)of the Constitution of India, than remembering the - 30 minutes, nahi tho free rule.

We had called and reinforced our right. But for those of you who like me do not know, there is an indemnity clause which restricts liability to Rs.300. Anyway we ended up paying only Rs.100 for a 400 Rs. bill, and the net profit of Rs.300 atleast covers up the loss I incurred in the purchase of Dove's Extra Moisturising hair care products which did not moisturise at all.

8 comments:

Parimi said...

Nice.

Welcome to visit my blog @

www.timmiri.com

PARIMI

Aarabi said...

lol!! Love the dominoes story!! :D

sansmerci said...

ay! wat ll we do for food if there r no ads? .. first of all an advertisement is an advertisement .. and all it does is promote a product.. its upto our descretion n logic after tht.. obv no brand is gonna spend so much talk tell u 'yes i dont have network everywhere but plz buy me' :)

m nto takin for ads cos m in the industry .. i ve been in love with this form of entertianment since childhood and i think life ll b colorless and lifestle will never evolve without brands and branding

Sugar said...

merci,
great defence lawyer you'll make...who said anything against the ads? they are great..atleast some are..they are a fun source of entertainment!!!but hey..I just have my own take on everything...thats my way of entertainment.To quote myself:

"I'm not trying to prove that advertisements are a farce and should be banned as contributing to misleading majority population or something as fanciful..."

sansmerci said...

ok now u ve been tagged! chek my blog

I scribble here said...

u have actually put up something thats lying half baked in my drafts :)
well written
and hey, u saved 300 bucks on the pizza which is cool.. i wouldnt mind them delivering it late actually ;)

I scribble here said...

AND forgot to add, dove really sucks.. i have been a victim

Sugar said...

butterfly...

thanks for those nice nice words:)