Sunday, September 21, 2008

Untitled

Sometimes, I want to dance,
Though I know how bad at that I am,
Just you and me and a sweet lil prance,
Its still my dream, my man.

Sometimes, when my world comes crashing down,
When I think I have nowhere else to go,
Its so badly then that I want you around,
To be the sea, into which my tears flow.

When the weather's nice, I think of you,
I long to walk holding hands,
Beside the sea a pretty blue,
Along the golden sands.

When my mood lifts I want to hear,
I want to see,
You, my darling, my dear.

But I wonder if you think of me,
I wonder if you remember,
Or I'm just a tiny drop in the sea,
That is my gravest fear.

Tosses and turns in the boat,
And still I sing my song,
But you struggle to stay afloat,
And then I am wrong!

I don't know how far we've come,
Or how much we have to go,
But tosses and turns in the boat,
And you struggle to stay afloat.

I stick my hand out,
I think I can pull you up,
But thats where you choose to stay,
Thats how you go away.

But I still long for a song,
I want to hold hands and dance,
I still want a walk in the rain,
But for you, it's all a strain.

So I watch from the boat as you sink,
As you disappear between the waves,
That's the end, you choose to give,
For all those memorable days.

6 comments:

sansmerci said...

aweomse work.. man so long since i wrote a poem.. plz keep writing .. even if he disappears .. don become numb n lose inspiration to lose like me ..

Anonymous said...

wow! that is some stuff :) wow nivi...

Sugar said...

merci,
thanks for the words of encouragement:D

@anonymous,
adulation huh?

Abhinav said...

its really nice

Curry Pan said...

cessewonderful nive!! but y so sad girl?? n sooooo long since u posted!! one month!! wan hear from u!! wat's up?? :)

Sugar said...

wow!!thanks aarabhi..
yup..been a long time...but i got em warped exams coming up soon...so i've trapped my creative genius!
will make it back soon!
till then,
Cheers!!!