Sunday, September 28, 2008

Even more of me!!

Today has been a ridiculous day for the following ten reasons:(don't blame me for this text book style. I've just been reading too much of it lately)

1. My granny and me did not say a word to each other, had our meals independently although we were not in a fight. This would have otherwise fallen under the head of 'cold war'. But since there was no 'war' per se, I'd just say, things were cold.

2. Speaking of the cold, the rhino virus seems to have tracked me down, just when I thought I had outwitted it and escaped. My nose seems to vie for the spot of water body with largest number of tributories.

3. I learnt a bit about mergers and amalgamations. Apparently the terms mean the same under the Companies act 1956, but the Income Tax Act, just got smarter! Its distinguishes the two.

4. In a long time now, I stopped checking my phone every ten seconds to see if there was a missed call or message. I've improved from what I was- there was a time when calls even from HSBC bank call centre were welcome. That provided the only proof that my cell phone performed the basic funtion of ringing!

5. I have not given my Activa a bath. Its something I've been procrastinating for days! Thank God automobiles don't suffer from body odour!

6. I had tomato flavoured top ramen with olives. The combination is not bad. But I did not find a fork, and had to adjust with a spoon. I learnt that using my fingers would have been better.

7. I can't decide if right now, I'm in a good mood or bad. Trust me thats how jobless I tend to become, even with nearly 2500 pages of heavy duty reading to do, before my upcoming exams!

8. I'm bored as hell of my clothes, half of which might dupe the census survey board to classify me in the BPL range, the other half which have become the bone of bearing the brunt of my hatred towards tailors in Chennai, and the third half(ya ya...I know, this is not a math lesson!) which makes me miss my tailor back home!!

9. I think I killed a lizard while sweeping my home today. I did not do it on purpose. I'm thankful, that the lizard is such an underrated reptile. Imagine if I had killed a crocodile instead....

10. I've been thinking of buying a camera. Extremely inspired by this. But I figured, I'll restrict myself to writing things which make no sense. There is no point offending reality. It never gets offended( and they call me thick skinned!).

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm... this one obviously takes me bak to the days of ramming on your notes:) ... hope to meet you tomoro :)

sansmerci said...

haha good one!

3. wow i rem those terms way bak from school.. m so happy for myself now :D

4. same pinch..

5. I have never in my life given my bike a bath, mayb it gets washed wen it goes for service once in 4 or 5 months .. gos know..n only he cares..

6.i hate noodles with anything but fork.. n i hate olives even more!

7. can u c how jobless i am then?

9. this one really made me smile :)

Sugar said...

@ms.anonymous!!
ya..i hope to meet u too:)

merc,
9 only made u smile??i thought atleast there will be a giggle!hmm...i love my sense of humour..:P..nah not really...i'm just in a good mood this morning!

sansmerci said...

smile means .. made me happy.. changed my mood.. however u wanna take it .. thts wat i meant :)

Sugar said...

merc,
okie!was jus kidding yo!not meant to be so serious and all!

Naga Lakshmi said...

hey hi...i am doing my 5 year law course in pune..in ILS...
btw nice blog!

Sugar said...

Lakshmi,
hi!!!hope to see you here more often!

qwe324 said...

hey nice post...
liked that "no body odour for activa" nice sence f humour....
any ways the third half was a pj though..:)
checkin the cell phones every 10 secs, every1 does that i guess....
n days u send "wassup "in list and no 1 replies... makes u welcome hsbc or icici guys callin for sellin plastic....

Sugar said...

manickam,
thanks for dropping by...hope to c u here more often.

Baidik said...

I seriously hope the new Companies Act cuts all the crap. But then, what'd we do? :P

Baidik said...

and on pont 4, I've improved to such an extent that I realized a full 10 secs after I read this line that my phone was'nt with me for the past 30 mins. And I wasnt even missing it. Romba long way I've come.

Sugar said...

heheh...no worries...they will never do that!just will make more amendments and we'll end up having to study the genesis of the law...like the constituion...amendment after amendment!

hven said...

Brilliant, especially the bits about automobiles not having body odour and killing a croc! Oh my god! great stuff!