Friday, September 19, 2008

Bagged a tag!

When I chanced upon Merci’s blog some months ago, the latest post was a tag. And I promised myself that I too will evolve as a writer one day and be tagged!!!!Now that the day is here, well here goes:

1.What have you realized recently?

That no shampoo be it Dove or Loreal or whatever else really anti frizzes my hair or caresses my lovely curls, it just makes things worse and may be I’ll start graying fast…Oh my God!!!panic mode- I’m switching to sheekakai.

2.Have you given your first kiss away?

That sounds like the old newspapers I ‘give away’ to the Kabaddiwalah…

3.If you were to be stranded on a deserted island, who are the 11 blog buddies you would take?

First of all I don’t get the logic of this question in as much as, how can I be stranded on a deserted island and take 11 blog buddies.

But to keep the spirit of answering this, I am myself quite new to blogging world…got some of the ones I like on my blog roll:

Raghav of random musings for his immaculate travelogue style(may be we’ll buy the island and develop tourism and give him the contract for writing the brochures!!!)
Sarma of the den of drums and dreams for many many reasons…one being that he might need to find the time and inspiration to write (which he’s almost given up) and which he’ll find in plenty on the deserted island ;-)
Harry of harry’s ocean that lovely romantic poetry that he writes. And May be because he is the only ‘romantic fool’ apart from Merci and me.
Merci for her advertiser’s ideas..(remember I’m going to buy the island?)

But I also got a couple of friends…with whom I’d like to be stranded on a deserted island.(God!!! that sentence sounds so wrong!!!!)

4. Where is the place you want to go the most?

Varanasi I think…open a dance school there, purchase a sweet stall, teach at BHU and settle down!!!

5. If you have one dream to come true, what would it be?

Perform to a packed audience at the Nataraja temple in Chidambaram. The day I do that, I swear, I’ll be ready to leave this world!

6. Do you believe in seeing the rainbow after the rain?
Literally yes, that’s what my physics teacher taught me. I never bothered questioning it. But figuratively, I’m not sure. I think I’ve stood soaking in the rain too much. I kinda enjoy it. Even the mess that the rain leaves. May be I’ll love the rainbow when it comes too…But I’ll still love the rain. A hot cuppa something, mirchi bajjis, my lilac umbrella large enough for 2 to huddle…Damn!!!I love the rains!

7. What are you afraid of losing the most now?

It will always be the ability to inspire and be inspired!

8. If you win $1 million, what would you do?

I’d love to spend a bit of it on food. But the issue is I never never lose the weight I gain. So may be I’ll buy an Oil field!

9. If you meet someone that you love, would you confess to him/her?

I cant first love then meet. I need to meet and then love. And by then I guess it will be more than obvious!

10. List out 3 good points about the person who tagged you.

Darling Merci:
I don’t know her personally and all, but
· Fabulous writer
· I feel she never hesitates in saying, rather writing what she thinks…(Sweetie, I love that about you)
· Kinda generous with her nice commentsJ

11. What are the requirements that you wish from your other half?

Aha!!! This could be an essay question for a hundred marks.

Love me, and be very very very expressive about it. Understand the riddles in my sentences, the anger beneath my calm voice, the humour in my placid sentences. Should understand that he means a world to me. Should not let his ego come in the way of us and should never ever let go of me….

Hmmm….after all it’s a wish!!! And most times I say ‘I wish’ it means its close to impossible!

12. What type of people do you hate the most?

Love this one: the ones that lack modesty, that lack the guts to be forthright and the knack to be so!, specially the ones that stay away from sugar because they will get fat and instead say they hate sweets!!!

13. What is the one thing you can’t live without?

Love!!!I’ll say it till my dying breath!

14. If you have faults, would you rather the people around you point out to you or would you rather they keep quiet?

'If' I have faults??Does some actually believe that I'm a perfect 100? Nay...Am not such a sport. Am not so brave about criticism. But if its well said, its well taken!

15. Are you a shopaholic or not?

I don’t think I’m a shopaholic and all. You know, that word kinda disturbs me…reminds of alcoholic!! But ya I love to shop and I say it’s therapeutic!

16. Find a word to describe the person who tagged you.

Merci : the Merciful!!!duh no!! one word is too less…she is quite a sweet thing actually.

17. If you have a chance, which part of your character you would like to change?

I could do with being a bit more of a social animal…I’m so picky about who I like…that’s half the problem.

18. What’s the last shocking thing you’ve seen or heard?

Shocked? May be God sent me down with a shot of anesthesia that will last me a life time!!!

19. Would you rather have love but no money or money but no love?

Love, any day!!!the lonliness kills me!Thats the one thing that makes waking up worth it!

Ok now that I’m done blowing my trumpet, I’m tagging:
den of drums and dreams…write please!write!
random musings
harry’s ocean
curry pan
surreal

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

merci beacoup madamosalle..i guess now that ive been tagged I have to do this too..!

sansmerci said...

thanks :D

Anonymous said...

superb babe!!! - ofcourse me;)

Sugar said...

@anonymous...leave ur initials atleast....so next time i don't rack my brains wondering who u r:P

Anonymous said...

well - babe! anonymous cos otherwise i have sign in and stuff.. its an easier way of doin this.. but thot you would be able to make out who this is without having to write my name:(... hmm... neways... wish i could have caught up wit ya today.. looking forward to meeting tomoro...

love n happiness..
priya

Sugar said...

he he...

sometimes...my brain just needs a warm up..and i think i had not got enough of it the day i read ur comment...i made it out eventually..once the warm up was done:)its not so difficult actually though i'd like to believe it is cos there are just too few ppl who actually read this trash can :(